Try the chicken, pork or turkey variations for a tasty 1-pan main dish that’s ready in less than 30 minutes.
1 boil-in-bag pouch white or whole grain brown rice
2 Tbsp. vegetable oil
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 can (29 oz.) Veg-All® Mixed Vegetables, well drained
1/4 cup reduced sodium soy sauce or teriyaki sauce
1/2 cup sliced green onions or chopped cilantro
1 Tbsp. dark sesame oil, optional
- Cook rice according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in a large deep skillet over medium heat. Add garlic and cook 30 seconds, stirring constantly. Add vegetables and soy sauce; cook 3 minutes or until heated through, stirring frequently.
- Remove rice pouch from water with a fork. Shake bag to drain well. Empty rice into the skillet. Cook 2 minutes, stir in green onions and sesame oil, if desired.
VARIATIONS: To make a quick and flavorful main dish, prepare recipe as directed, except:
- Chicken Fried Rice - Cook 1 lb. boneless, skinless chicken thighs, cut into 3/4-inch chunks, in the oil along with the garlic for 5 minutes before adding vegetables. Or, add 2 cups cubed cooked turkey or chicken along with the rice and increase cook time to 5 or 6 minutes. Increase soy sauce to 1/3 cup.
- Pork or Turkey Fried Rice – Cook 2 cups chopped cooked pork roast or turkey breast in the oil along with the garlic for 3 minutes before adding vegetables. Increase soy sauce to 1/3 cup.